Monday, November 21, 2005

Video Game Dad and Xbox 360


So I'm not really sure if I’m a minority or majority Dad with this, but I absolutely enjoy playing video games. Ever since my first Atari 2600, Colecovision, Vectrex, and Intellivision as a kid in the 80's, to my PS2 now. I even worked for a big video game publisher just out of Art School and worked on a few Nintendo 64/Playstation 1 titles before most ever heard of those machines. With that said, this week, the new XBox 360 comes out and I’m not really enthusiastic about it. I'm not totally convinced its ‘all that’ as claimed. Honestly when I went to E3 earlier this year (the big video game conference) the games were pretty much the same quality you can already get with the original Xbox and a current PS2. Except playing on plasma TV’s (and a home video of a sidewalk looks good on one of those). Also the fact you pay subscription fee’s to play online after buying a $60 game isn’t much of an incentive. I still need to be convinced…
  • xBox 360
  • Gamespot: Xbox vs. PS3
  • No comments: