Thursday, March 02, 2006

Vacation to Kauai!


Finally! Tomorrow we leave for our vacation. Taking some much needed time off of work and our normal daily routine. It's been nearly 2 years since our last vacation so we're itching to go. This time, since we intentionally planned a low-key vacation (primarily because traveling with our 7-month-old), I'm taking my sketchbook and drawing when I'm not sleeping, eating junk food or shaved ice. I'm also planning on posting any interesting sketches up here and writing about any baby-friendly places to visit - since there aren't many guides or books about traveling to Kauai with infants (I've looked and found hardly any except some hippy Berkeley parents message board.) Man, I can't wait to see Mr. Roarke and the little guy ringing that bell yelling "Aloha! Aloha!”

3 comments:

MrsFortune said...

Hey - just thought I'd de-lurk to tell you ... there isn't a whole lot to do on Kauai, with or without kids! But it's a gorgeous place and you won't need a whole lot to do. Go to Poi Pu (sp?), it's the bestest beach! Go to Princeville it's really nice, and go to Hanalei... If you like hamburgers, go to Bubba's.

But it is so incredible there you don't NEED anything to do except laze on the beach. Have fun!!!

Creative-Type Dad said...

Cool! Thanks for the tips

IzzyMom said...

Better to go now than when your baby is walking because I swear to God, you'll never be able to sit down and relax. I speak from experience and summers at the beach pre and post kids. Have fun!