Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter egg roll at the White House


First of all, I would like to thank the media for giving this so much attention. Because I really never knew they did this. I visited the White House's website and read the history which was pretty interesting stuff (Dolley Madison…angry children, etc.) History has always intrigued me. Too bad all the focus was on the gay/lesbian couples that participated - so what? I found the protesters for the "Friends of Animals" who are angry about the treatment of chickens pretty funny. Don't get me wrong, I like animals (except cats and pigeons) but if these groups ever wanted to be taken seriously on issues like killing seal pups and dolphins don't go protesting chicken eggs for Easter or screaming outside Colonel Sanders barns. Because quite frankly nobody will take you seriously about anything and I really like those chicken fingers sandwiches he sells.
  • White House: History of the Easter Egg Roll
  • LA Times: On a Gray Day, Same-Sex Couples Make Colorful Point at Egg Roll
  • No comments: