Thursday, November 30, 2006

Random Thoughts For Friday, Dec. 1st And A MEME.


Yeah, so I’m feeling pretty random today. Maybe it’s because the yellow Wiggle is leaving the band because of some rare disease (I hope it’s wasn't because of Dorothy), or maybe because Christmas is a few weeks away.
Randomness on my mind:

I have no idea what this one guy at work does! For the last year I’ve been sitting about 30 feet away from this one guy who nobody knows. He shows up everyday and sits at his computer, never leaves, even for lunch it seems. Every time I walk by, he just kind of stares at me. I’ve even tried talking to him once or twice and he kind of brushes me off. Has anybody seen “Office Space”? I want to put a red stapler on his desk.

What’s that guy planning on doing with that cigar? I have a junk e-mail account that I use to sign up for newsletters or special offers. My wife and I stayed at Luxor – Las Vegas a few years ago and they continue to send me offers with some pretty weird pictures on them. The one I got today was the strangest - it has a caption of “Kiss a stranger.... It’s a long way to midnight and it’s up to you to make every second count” and the guy is showing the camera a cigar he’s hiding in his coat while a woman undresses.

Women talk 3 times more than men!? And then there's me - I talk 3 times more than those women (so my wife tells me.) Did anybody see this study?


Life Meme (thanks to radioactive girl)

1. What time is it? Miller time.
2. What is your full name? Billy Dee Williams (No, not really. I just think it’s a funny name)
3. What are you most afraid of? Cancer of any kind. My wife and I know way too many people this has affected.
4. What is the most recent movie that you have seen in a theater? Mission Impossible 3. Cars was sold out.
5. Have you ever seen a ghost? He’s sitting right next to me. His name is Bubba (he doesn’t feel like writing right now.)
6. Where were you born? West Covina, Ca
7. Ever been to Alaska? Nope
8. Ever been toilet papering? Yup
9.Loved someone so much it made you cry? Men don’t cry. Only when we accidentally miss a nail and the hammer goes into the knuckle, if there’s blood - maybe.
10. Been in a serious car accident? Nope (knock on wood)
11 Do you plan to have any more Children? Yes. In exactly 3.6 years.
12. Favorite day of the week? Friday
13. Favorite Restaurant? Any with Sushi.
14. Favorite Flower? Motor Oil
15. Favorite color? Black (color of motor oil)
16. Favorite sport to watch? What’s ‘sports’? (don't believe me? Read this)
17. Favorite Drink? Fiji water.
18. Favorite Ice Cream? Vanilla (Ice)
19. Favorite fast food restaurant? KFC (‘the bucket’ has magical powers)
20. What color is your bedroom carpet? Cloud with Dancing Gnomes (or off-white)
21. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? 0
22. What do you do when you are bored? Draw, read, play video games.
23. What time is your bedtime? Sometime between 10:30-12
24. Favorite TV shows? Anything on HGTV that involves a “reveal” at the end.
25. What are you most grateful for? Wife, daughter, friends, extended family, job, ability to see through walls (still working on that one.)
26. What are you listening to right now? 60’s Hawaiian music
27. How many pets do you have? 1 Beagle (he doesn’t sleep on top of his doghouse)
28. Which came first the chicken or the egg? Chickegg
29. What would you like to accomplish before you die? Go to space. Maybe build a cabin on the moon out of cream cheese.

Tag- If you want to try any of these, just leave a comment (I’ll link to you).
MamaLee @ Full Plate,
Lisa @ Refuse to Blog
Deb @ Whoduhthunkit!?

16 comments:

J in Ric said...

You should hold a captioning contest with that pic... results would be quite interesting!

great blog!! found a new one to add to my reader.

Rob Barron said...

Funny, when I looked at the ad, I assumed they we just going out, so the woman is zipping UP her dress and the man is putting the cigar away, to be smoked later (perhaps after a big meal or a big win at the the craps table).

Of course, the idea of them just getting in is funnier.

Funnier still is the caption "WWCD? - What Would Clinton Do? Remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."

Radioactive Tori said...

It's about time you did the meme (only kidding).

My husband almost never talks. I think it's because his mom never stops talking so it became part of his personality. I have a friend who's husband never stops talking and she says I have the better deal.

Anonymous said...

GAH! This is what I get for being bored LOL. I did my thing and MEME's on my site, linked back to you too (frequently actually - you are a read I swear by). Great post today (except for the flippin' MEME dude) LOL.

Bec said...

My husband talks more than I do at home. I talk all day for work - or so it seems - and talk constantly with the children. Poor man feels he has to make up the silence when it gets to be his turn. I try to make it companionable, but I think I usually just come off as frosty...

And dude? The cream cheese won't work on the moon - not enough gravity.

You'll definitely need to reinforce it with cheddar.

Sarah said...

I so agree with #24 (Anything on HGTV that involves a "reveal" at the end).

Thank God for TiVo so I can skip through the zany designer banter and get right to the reveal.

In the case of "neat", I zip past the mentally ill tearful banter associated with tossing out the beloved not-worn-since-Middle-School-sweater.

I may steal this meme. And your answer to #24.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'm going to send you a bucket of KFC. You've got the Colonel on the brain.

And speaking of HGTV, when are you and the missus making your national television debut???

Creative-Type Dad said...

InterstellarLass - we've been checking the episode summary's and the one we're on isn't listed yet. I'll definitely let everybody know -
BTW- KFC should always be on the brain...

Sarah O. - Go for it! I must admit, TiVo'ing to the reveal seems a little sinister. I must try it.

Bec of the Ladies Lounge - when's my moon cabin is built. I'll make sure you're the safety inspector. I wouldn't want my house to fall.

Deb - wow! I've never been sworn by. BTW- MANBitch?! lol!

junebee said...

"I have no idea what this one guy at work does!"

My husband had a colleague like this. The guy stayed at a consulting job for about a year, at the rate of upwards of $200.00 an hour billed to the client company. It took the client company a year to find out. Nobody seemed to know what the guy did.

My husband is really chatty. He was yakking at me while I was trying to read your post, as a matter of fact. Sometimes when he travels for business I just hold the phone away from my ear and let him yammer on. and on. and on.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Hi Bubba!

Seriously, what is that man doing with the cigar? And why, from far away, does he look so much like David Beckham but from up close not so much?

Jenifer said...

Ok, maybe she's not getting undressed. Maybe she's getting DRESSED.... and he's going to relish the cigar in the "afterglow"

:)

Ruth Dynamite said...

I don't mean to alarm you, but maybe the Office Spacey guy in your office was hired to keep an eye on YOU? (cue Twilight Zone music)

Sandra said...

Ya that cigar guy is up to something.

And building a cabin on the moon souns so reasonable

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the meme. And the cigar. Woohoo!

wayabetty said...

Oh my goodness, even before you mentioned "Office Space", I was thinking of the same thing!! Too funny!

Gee, I wouldn't have guessed the KFC at all. D'uh!!

And the guy with the cigar and the woman about to undress? Maybe he's pulling the Clinton-Monica technique. ;-)

Creative-Type Dad said...

Ruth Dynamite - You may be right. Maybe I'll buy him some chicken for Christmas.

Mrs. Chicky - Bubba says
"That doesn't look like Posh Spice to him with David"

junebee - my wife does the same thing to me - except I'm don't have to be on the phone. I could be standing right next to her...