Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Why Do DJ’s Hate Father’s So Much? Depressing Songs At The Daddy-Daughter Dance


Maybe they don’t have daughters? Maybe they don’t have father’s themselves? Maybe they wake up each day and say to themselves, “today’s the day…the day I want to make father’s CRY!” and then laugh all the way to Trader Joe’s.

Like unicorns, I’ve only heard stories of these Daddy-Daughter dances by a few friends with daughters. I was pleasantly surprised when my daughter came home from school with an invite to one.
First of all whoever came up with the idea of this dance I’d like to personally thank. The idea of an event like this with your daughter is just great.  

My only issue was the DJ’s selections of songs – we walked into the ballroom and the DJ had this song playing:

Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle

Seriously? If there’s one thing a father doesn’t want to think about AT ALL, it’s GIVING his daughter away to be married when she’s little. Or DATING. Or BOYS.

Then followed by a few of these...

Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman

 The PROM? She came home with a RING on her hand? She’ll be GONE? Honestly, DJ man. Honestly.

My Little Girl by Tim McGraw
I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s nothing more depressing than a country song about a daughter.

Later when we got home - me emotionally exhausted and my daughter physically exhausted, my wife asked me how it was. I told her about my newfound knowledge of DJ’s and reinterated my disdain for country music calling it “the devil’s music” and some other choice words.  She went on to tell me that the Mother-Son event was being held at a place that has lazer tag, games, pizza, and go-kart racing.


Mother’s have it so much easier…

No comments: